1 (16-ounce) package of vacuum-packed gnocchi
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons nuts
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup cheese (your preference)
1/2 onion, chopped
1. Cook gnocchi according to pack instructions, omitting additional ingredients. i.e. salt, fat etc.
2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add nuts to pan; cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add garlic and onion to pan; cook 1 minute.
4. Add gnocchi and spinach to pan; cook until spinach wilts, stirring constantly.
5. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
Sarahn’s Tip: This recipe originally calls for pine nuts, but they can be expensive. Instead use mixed nuts. A tablespoon per serving! It adds to the flavor and makes this dish more festive!
Sarahn’s Twist: I decided to do my own thing with this recipe! I added chopped onion, green chilies and a little bit of vegetable broth to the dish. The onions and green chilies add a real kick, and the vegetable broth gives it a slightly soupy feel that warms your belly. Also, I used spinach and kale for the main ingredient.
Sarahn’s Taste: The recipe calls for cheese to be sprinkled on top, but I found that I preferred this dish without the cheese (I used feta)! Taste it first without the cheese and if you still need a little something extra, sprinkle away! #sarahnsays