pack of rice paper wrappers (found at Whole Foods)
3 kiwis, chopped
1 mango, sliced into small stick shapes
1/2 carton of strawberries, chopped
2 firm bananas, chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
zest of 1 lime
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Slice and chop all fruit.
2. Fill a baking dish with warm water. Dip the rice paper wrap into the water for 5-10 seconds.
3. Pat rice paper with a paper towel or let it sit to dry for around 30 seconds.
4. Add fruit to the middle of the wrap; 8-10 slices of mango and a tablespoon each of the strawberry, kiwi and banana.
5. Fold up the bottom and tuck under the fruit. Fold in each side (like you would with a burrito), then roll the wrap to the end.
6. For a dipping sauce, mix the honey, vanilla extract and lime juice.
Sarahn’s Tip: If you feel like the rice paper is too fragile, you can double them up and use two instead to wrap the fruit. On the contrary, look for a thinner wrap when shopping for them; the thicker the wrap the more chewy it is.
Sarahn’s Twist: I experimented by putting mint leaves and chopped walnuts into the wrap (separately in different wraps).
Sarahn’s Taste: I love the crunch that the walnuts add to the wrap. I also love how pretty they are, almost too pretty to eat - sike! #sarahnsays