4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 eggplant cut into 1/2-inch think slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 container of hummus (flavor of your choice)
4 whole-grain flatbreads
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush onion, bell pepper and eggplant with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
2. Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side.
3. Remove from pan and add eggplant; cook 4 minutes in total.
4. Remove from pan, and coarsely chop all vegetables.
5. Combine all vegetables in pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, and toss with parsley and salt.
6. Spread 1/4 cup of hummus over each flatbread, leaving border around edges.
7.Divide vegetables over hummus, top with cheese, and roll up wraps.
Sarahn’s Tip: You can add oil to the pan with the vegetables instead of brushing them before hand. It's not exactly the same, but it is less work for the the chef.
Sarahn’s Twist: I added tomato to the onion and red pepper. I also added avocado to the wrap which gave it a fresh cool taste. You can never go wrong with avocado. *wink* I also used black pepper to season the vegetables.
Sarahn’s Taste: I was very pleased with the taste of the eggplant, but would like to add more vegetables next time...maybe shredded carrot to give it some crunch and some fresh spinach. These wraps are so yummy. They go great with sweet potato chips on the side. #sarahnsays